Monday, December 17, 2012

We are dedicated...

Just got in from a 3 mile run... Can't say I've blogged lately but today is a new day. I've been saying for weeks even months, "getting back into it" "starting over" but it wasn't until I truly realized, or should say admitted to myself that, yes I have the tools but I'm not self disciplined enough to do it alone.

I need the:
extra push
accountability
group setting
consistency
knowledge
and good old, encouragement (you know it you like to hear you're doing well, too)

With all that being said, I also need change, change in my diet, exercise routine and, trainer. Raquel fit perfectly for what I needed in the beginning and many months to follow; working on beginning running, strength, spinning, etc. But now as I'm nearing the half marathon, I'm looking for guidance from someone who is well versed in the running world, and can run along side me.

Even after our first run together, I'm feeling more confident and better about myself. I was pushed harder, taught more and ran faster for a period of time. Bill, with Ultimate Athletics has brought the love of running back out of me in a short 30 minutes. Telling me "you'll get back to the point if loving running"

I want to so badly be there.

Through all the huffing and puffing and even though a point that I didn't think I could come out...words of encouragement seemed to surround me. I know it was a short run, and a very short period of time in both of our busy days, but for those 30 minutes I was reminded again why I started running...

for me

and I CAN and I WILL complete this half marathon!

Running is a pain in the ass, but it'll give you a nice one


(I'm going to upload a photo every week- change is coming, I can feel it!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment