Monday, January 7, 2013

You're almost done

That was all I needed to hear while making my way down white street to Stay Fit Studio. I started off my 35 minute pace run this am with Bill, we figured at first we were going a little faster than normal but eventually resumed to a pace of just under 11 minutes. Bill helped to keep me focused on that 11 minutes to ensure that this was a pace run.

"We're pushing the threshold..." 
he would tell me, 
"this should hurt..."

...and indeed, it did! (But I'm here to tell the story so it didn't kill me)


Now for those of you seasoned runners, you're probably thinking you can do the crab walk in under 11 minutes, however this is,
ME
MY pace
MY race.

I told Bill I felt like I was a boat/jet ski just pushing through the water but once "up on plane" my legs just went. Don't get ahead of yourself (and maybe I did) because I was winded and tired for the straight away which I lead couldn't wait to turn the corner and see the light at Atlantic and White street, and even then...I couldn't wait to see the light of Flagler and then Truman and then before you know it...the Stay Fit Studio sign.

I'm attaching the photo from my Saturday run, it was approximately 10 miles, I did five with the group, two more with the group up our Key West pseudo-hill and three on my own after.

I.was.exhausted. BUT... I did it.

Needless to say, where I was going with this post is, to graciously thank the gentleman who stood at the corner of Sandys; sat down his con leche, clapped and gave me a high five saying,

"you're almost done!"

I thought to myself, you know what, I am...I am almost done, I've past nearly all the lights I wrote about previously and I have only 3 blocks to go. I certainly had three blocks left in me, so as I remembered what Bill said, along with the encouragement of the stranger on the corner and my own goals in mind... I picked up my feet, took quicker steps, focused on the Stay Fit Studio sign ahead and pushed through.

Remember running is a pain in the ass but it will give you a nice one.



No comments:

Post a Comment