Tuesday, October 23, 2012

6:10am or not at all...

My alarm went off at 5:30am, I was restless for about 20 minutes until finally something clicked and I put one foot in front of the other as I got out of bed.

Strength class begins at 6:15am and typically, I like to be there at 6:00am so I can set up my weights and get everything in order, however today...I got there at 6:10am...but for me, 6:10am is better than not going at all.

I'm going to take a minute and toot my own horn; recently it's been more and more difficult to wake up and work out, even difficult to resist the foods I know I don't need. It's the small successes!

I told Raquel that I'm just not committed right now to continue with personal training. I was paying to work out, run and have her look at and critique my food...but my food had been slowly slipping. To me, I was "undoing" everything we had worked on together. And yes, she can help to support me but before I get that extra push of motivation from someone else, I need to find it inside of myself.

So, now I am on my own.
Getting to class on my own.
Making good food decisions on my own.
And most importantly...
Continuing to do this for my self.

Somethings that I want to leave you with:
What are you doing for yourself?
How do you get motivate?
What's your favorite most satisfying "cheat meal"?
Consider an upcoming race...1/2 marathon training begins November 1, 2012

Running is a pain in the ass but it will give you a nice one ;)

1 comment:

  1. You never regret working out, but you regret NOT working out! That always is my motivator. I try to think of how I will feel after and for the rest of the day.
    I'm hoping to do the Chicago Get Lucky 1/2 in March...it'd be great to get a bunch of girls together for a fun weekend there! Think about it :)

    ReplyDelete