Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cravings!

I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!!

Don't ask me why, but I've been c-r-a-v-i-n-g ice cream lately...and I mean craving it! My level headed husband, kindly reminded me the other night that we don't need to get ice cream after dinner every night and that it is a "special thing".

Okay, okay...I understand tangible rewards, after all I just discussed this with the parents in my group tonight.

Q: BUT, why can't we have ice cream every night???
A: 1) We CAN have ice cream whenever we want, we live in a day where we CAN make those decisions.
2) Although I still have goals to meet, I've worked too hard to indulge in ice cream every day.
3) I love Mattheessens (if you live in KW I hope you know how to get there) and well, for good ice cream there is a 'good' price.
4) My fourth and final answer...because I don't NEED it. Comon' Kristin, you teach basic needs and how to decipher between needs and wants and ice cream is not a need.

So after I've weighed all my answers I settled for unsweetened apple sauce with added cinnamon and splenda. And I have to admit...

IT IS WONDERFUL, not to mention curbed that crazy craving for ice cream. So, if you're in a bind...and your husband makes a suggestion (did I mention it was his suggestion...probably not, so yes, props to my husband for problem solving when I was in my... I'll call it "crazy" state) take the suggestion and try it. Not only did I get something sweet but I feel a little better about my choice as I think about 6:15am spin tomorrow at Stay Fit Studio . However, this weeks cheat meal will probably consist of ice cream...really good ice cream. Maybe I'll walk to the restaurant...come out even on calories in and out :) I can hope.

Remember, running is a pain in the ass...but it'll give you a nice one ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment