Monday, June 11, 2012

what i actually look like



Seriously, this is how I felt today... and seriously, this may be how I looked...either way, I was out running.  I ended my 'manic' Monday (just kidding, but I was trying to think of something catchy) - actually today was quite pleasant.  As I was saying, I ended today with an AHHHHH-MAZE-ING deep tissue massage, complements of Fit Member of the Month at Stay Fit Studio! The massages I've had in the past have been wonderful as well, quite music, low lighting, comfortable massage table, heck even a very calming smell... but today; today was much more.  I carried on a conversation about a passion of mine, parenting...and families, and most of all, getting healthy and finding the strength to become energized, even on the days that I feel all my energy is on my pillow.  I appreciate people who are well versed and knowledgable, I crave interaction with people and enjoy listening to everyone's stories. Socialite, beginning running socialite at your service...could that be a job? ;) 

As much as I've heard people (including myself) talk about not particularly enjoying this quaint quirky island...there are certainly pros.  Running to the White street pier is one of them (Danielle if you're reading, this is where you began my 5K journey with me) After dinner, which consisted of the most delightful black bean and veggie burger my husband took over dishes duty and I hit the pavement for some quality me time.  I know, some say to lay low after a massage but...I hadn't worked out this am so tonight was my night.  I headed out of my house up and over the infamous hill (that's what I call it, actually it's just a bridge over a marina) down Truman, right on White street to the pier, stopped at a friends on the way back and headed home just as the sun was setting.  If you have a chance, White street pier during sunrise or sunset... check off the good ol' bucket list.  Not only was the view a pro, but I saw several people I knew... a few from the gym, someone from work (okay so I made a pit stop at her house) and another family driving from a previous job. Hey, at least they know I'm really running now....only kidding, but really seeing people I know, or even if someone says, "hello" to me while I'm out always seems to help me kick it up another notch.  That probably means that I should be running at that 'notch' all the time, some day. 

Anyway, as I'm getting ready to settle in and indulge in a guilty pleasure of mine... (no not finishing all the chocolate chip cookies, made with wheat flour, splenda, and egg whites) watching the bachelorette, let me leave you with this little quote... 

Remember, running is a pain in the ass...but it'll give you a nice one ;) 

(by the way, as I was leaving after my massage, somehow my phone began to play Kanye, Stronger... yes, you know it and you're now humming it in your head..."that, that, that, that don't kill you can only make you stronger I need you to hurry up now, cause' I can't wait much longer..." anyway, I could not figure out how to get it to turn off... I knew tonight would be a successful work out) 

No comments:

Post a Comment