Saturday, June 23, 2012

Locked out

After some delish wedding food last night, and I mean d.e.l.i.s.h.! Bacon wrapped dates, margarita pizza, teriyaki ribs, fresh shrimp, tuna ceviche...awe. Anyway, needless to say, the alarm rang at 645am.

Eric went into work for a few hours and I had two choices...

Get up and go to pedal and pump at 800
OR
Stay in bed with the softest, most cuddly, goldendoodle (yes, when Eric leaves Benny jumps onto the bed)

So, as anyone would, I chose to...

Get up and pedal my butt down to the gym. Let me backtrack a little and tell you that due to a little fender bender my keys have not stayed on my key chain and have been strewn about my purse because I've had rental keys, found the spare to our old Yukon and lent some keys to a co-worker for Friday...needless to say, you guessed it.

When I got home at 900am I was locked out.

So naturally, I followed my Nurturing Parenting Curriculum, and ignored the behavior, but not the child- in this case a dog who was whimpering.

I watched from a far to make sure he wouldn't destroy the living room trying to get back at me. For all you wondering, he was a perfect little gent.

So again I was left with two choices:

Continue to watch Benny look for someone to play with
OR
Take a 25 minute run

Again, I chose to run.

Now, here I am...waiting for my knight in shining armor to rescue me.

Beep....just heard the car lock, he's here and my work out for the day is complete.

Start your weekend right, people!!

Running is a pain in the ass...but it'll give you a nice one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment