Monday, June 4, 2012

Yo yo...

Ever heard of a yo yo dieter? Well, I'm happy to admit, once again that I'm not on a diet but rather a long, what at times seems to be a narrow and windy road to a complete lifestyle change. But I will admit that I am a yo yo 'worker outer'.

Explanation: I read things, hear things, see things and try it. It sounds all good and wonderful but in actuality it sucks. I began my journey with a trainer and a gym membership, then went to working out without a trainer (supplemental of course) in a different gym (on base) soon to find myself looking for my own running routine (which lasted maybe two weeks) and now I'm second guessing my decisions. It's not that I need anyone else's approval, but I'll say I am new to this idea of working out. Even though if you remember I swore up and down that I was active in the past - I like to ask people what their experiences were and where they've had successes and challenges. What I get is a conglomerate of answers and then I try to fit them into my life.

End result : chaos and a plateau.

So, I'm back to square one...minus 25-30 lbs ;)

Doing this for me and my health, no one else's. It doesn't matter if I cross the finish line at a 17 minute/mile or a 8 minute/mile - what matters is that I finished and I am healthy, or getting there. Running is controversial, and "everyone has opinions, just like butt holes" (a wise co-worker shared that saying with me today!) so no matter if the person next to me is running with all the latest and greatest running equipment or simply running in an old pair of worn out sneakers we should all be out there for ourselves.

Remember, running is a pain in the ass...but it'll give you a nice one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment