Monday, April 16, 2012

have to start somewhere

Let me start out by writing, this blog is simply designed for me express my triumphs, and trials along the way of getting back into shape, and no... I'm not considering round a shape.  I'll post pictures, update eating logs, work out routines and yes... numbers, that's weight and size, I figure if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do this right.  Plus, part of being successful at setting goals is making publicizing! Now, first things first... I was active in high school, partially active in college and lets be honest, not active at all after.  I told myself I was! I bought work out clothes, DVD's, new shoes, hell... I even told my doctor I was! Needless to say, she's not stupid but she humored me when I asked to have my thyroid checked at one of my appointments because I had gained so much weight, of course (and thank God) everything checked out okay.  Talk about a reality check, I had since gone up a several sizes and was feeling everything but confident.  Eric and I moved to Key West where wearing nothing but a swim suit is acceptable and most of the time considered too much clothing.  I live in shorts and t-shirts yet every store front window I walked by I was reminded of my ever growing size.   I would often watch TV and see the before and after pictures of people on diets/weight  loss plans and say to myself, well at least I'm not "that" big.  I feel like I've tried it all, no carbs, meal replacements, energy bars, weight loss pills, metabolism boosters, blaming my thyroid, you name it! I should also explain that I'm an instant gratification kind of person, I want results, and I want to seem them now.  When it comes to weight loss, who isn't? Once I overcame my lack of patients, and lost what I'll refer to as the 'D word' (diet) from my vocabulary I was at last on the right track.  It's not a quick fix, it's not over night and it's not a 'D word'...it's a lifestyle change, and I'm willing to make it.

Until next time, (pictures I promise) remember,

Running is a pain in the ass but... it'll give you a nice one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment